- Howie has been guiding international guests in the Western Cape for almost 20 years.
- He studied commerce at the University of Cape Town and then spent three years traveling and working in Europe. A 19-year corporate management career followed, mostly in the information technology field.
- He recently spent four years as the Operations and Product Manager for a Cape Town-based tour company, but has returned to his passion of guiding full-time.
- For Howie, the best part of guiding is meeting so many interesting people from all over the globe and that he gets to spend every day outdoors in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Howie has a special interest in the wine regions of the Cape and has completed a number of courses with the Cape Wine Academy.
- As a keen birder, Howie is always on the lookout for interesting birdlife. He also has an interest in the indigenous plant life of South Africa, particularly the fynbos region, and hiking allows him to enjoy both of these passions.
“I believe that the cultural diversity, warm and friendly people, iconic wildlife, unique plant species and magnificent scenery are some of the features that make Southern Africa a fantastic part of the world to live in, and visit.”