This is a customized itinerary, consisting of 12 Days/11 Nights in Southern Africa and requiring 2 travel days/nights with direct flights from JFK and Washington D.C. on South African Airways.
Johannesburg – 1 night
Karongwe Private Game Reserve – 3 nights
Cape Town – 4 nights
Victoria Falls – 3 nights
16 April – 28 April (12 days / 11 nights)
FOR GROUND PORTIONS ONLY:
South Africa & Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe:
US$4425.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
PLEASE NOTE: The above pricing is subject to change should there be a significant change in the exchange rate. The above pricing is based on 10 travelers in the group and subject to change should the number of travelers change.
– Depart home for South Africa.
– Upon arrival at Johannesburg Airport. Walk to the City Lodge O.R. Tambo, check-in for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast basis.
– Check-in for your flight to Hoedspruit in the Greater Kruger Park.
– Transfer to Shiduli Lodge in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve. Check into your suites for 3 nights.
– Game drive that afternoon. You will have the chance to see the Big 5 – elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard.
– You will do 2 game activities per day.
– Check out of your hotel and fly to Cape Town.
– Transfer to the Portswood Hotel, where you will stay for 4 nights.
– Start your day by visiting Table Mountain via the Cable Car.
– Visit Jewel Africa for a diamond cutting demonstration.
– Have a City Tour and see some of the highlights of this beautiful Mother City.
– Visit Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden for exploration, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– Travel along the beautiful coast to Hout Bay where you will visit the Original T-Bag Designs.
– Continue driving along the spectacular Chapman’s Peak. Visit Cape Point.
– Visit the local African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach.
Full-Day Winelands Tour – SCHEDULED TOUR
This is a scheduled tour; you will join others who have booked on the tour for this day. You will be collected from your hotel at 8:30 AM.
Head north to Paarl. Your first stop is at a wine estate for a cheese and wine tasting.
– Transfer to Cape Town Airport, check-in for your flight to Victoria Falls.
– Transfer to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge to check into your standard room for 3 nights.
– In the afternoon, transfer to the Zambezi River for an unforgettable luxury Sunset Dinner Cruise on the Zambezi Royal.
– Tour the spectacular Victoria Falls.
– Optional activities on your own account, such as the gorge swing or the Flying Fox.
– Later that evening you will be transferred to the Boma for an enjoyable and festive evening with a traditional dinner and live entertainment.
– Depart for Botswana for a Full Day in Chobe. You will experience a game drive by Land Rover in the Chobe National Park as well as a boat cruise on the Chobe River.
At the end of the day, return to your Victoria Falls hotel for overnight.
– Enjoy breakfast, check out and be transferred to the airport to check in for your flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival in Johannesburg, check in for your flight back home, arriving back home the following day.
– Depart from your lodge with a lunch box and drive back to Kilimanjaro Airport.
– Game drive out of the Serengeti and travel through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
– Make your way through Arusha and to the airport. Check-in for your flight back home
Arrive back home on September 26. End of itinerary.