This is a customized itinerary including a Gorilla Trek in Rwanda and a Safari in Tanzania with Robin Mountain, owner of Ntaba African Safaris. The Gorilla Trek is an optional Add-On to your Tanzania Safari. You can also choose to only participate in the Gorilla Trekking portion of this itinerary.
If you choose to Trek the Gorillas, arrive in Rwanda and spend your first night in Kigali before driving to the Mountains the following day. Check into the Mountain Gorilla Lodge for 2 nights. Early the following morning, trek the Gorillas, an unbelievably special experience. During your time there, also visit the Iby’iwacu Cultural Village. Drive back to Kigali for overnight. Early the following morning, fly from Kigali to the Northern Serengeti for your Tanzania Safari.
If you choose not to trek the Gorillas, spend one night in Arusha upon arrival at the Kilimanjaro Airport and fly to the Northern Serengeti the following morning to meet up with the group arriving from Rwanda.
Kigali – 2 nights
Volcanoes National Park – 2 nights
Northern Serengeti – 3 nights
Central Serengeti – 2 nights
Tarangire National Park – 2 nights
24 September – 08 October (16 days / 15 nights)
FOR GROUND PORTIONS ONLY:
Rwanda Gorilla Trek Only:
From US$3,520.00 per person sharing (based on 14 travelers)
Tanzania Safari Only:
From US$7,870.00 per person sharing (based on 16 travelers)
Rwanda Gorilla Trek and Tanzania Safari:
From US$11,740.00 per person sharing (based on 16 travelers)
– Depart from the U.S.A. on an overnight flight to Rwanda for the GORILLA TREKKING.
– Arrive at the Kigali International Airport (KGL), Rwanda. Be met and transferred to the Hotel Chez Lando to check in for 1 night on Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis. Dinner will be served at the hotel.
– Check out from the hotel and go on a city tour
– Transfer to Volcanoes National Park and check into the Mountain Gorilla View Lodge for 2 nights
– Check out and transfer back to Kigali, sightseeing en-route
– Check into the Chez Lando Hotel for 1 night
If you choose NOT to trek the Gorillas but only participate in the Safari:
– Meet your guide at Kilimanjaro International Airport
– Transfer to the Rivertrees Country Inn for 1 night
If you choose to only trek the Gorillas…
– Check out of your hotel and transfer to the airport for your flight back home
If you choose to continue with the Tanzania Safari…
– Check out of your hotel and transfer to the Kigali International Airport to
– Fly to the Kogatende Airstrip in the Northern Serengeti.
If you do not trek the Gorillas…
– Transfer to the Arusha Airport for your flight to the Kogatende Airstrip in the Northern Serengeti
Everybody for the Tanzania Safari…
Be met by your guide at the Kogatende Airstrip and transferred to Kaskaz Camp. Check into your luxury tent for a 3-night stay.
During your days in the Serengeti, enjoy game drives and game viewing with the possibility of seeing river crossings.
– After breakfast fly to the Seronera Airstrip in Central Serengeti
– Check into your luxury tent at Naona Moru Camp for 2 nights
– Fly to Lake Manyara National Park
– Game driving and exploration in the Lake Manyara National Park
– Check into your luxury tent at the Mandhari Lodge for 2 nights
– After breakfast, depart for a full day game driving and exploration in the Ngorongoro Crater
– At the end of the day, return to your lodge
– Visit the Esilalei School and take a Maasai Village walk
– Continue driving to Tarangire National Park
– Check into Tarangire Ndovu Camp for 2 nights
Enjoy your days in this beautiful National Park. It is known for its large numbers of elephants and baobab trees.
– Early morning game drive in Tarangire National Park
– Transfer to the Kilimanjaro International Airport to check-in for your flight back home