This is a customized itinerary, consisting of 07 Days/06 nights.
Accra – 1 night
Elmina – 2 nights
Kumasi – 1 night
Accra – 2 nights
This tour is a sample safari and can be created throughout the year. Depending on availability.
– Arrive in Accra, Ghana at the Kotoka Intl Airport (ACC)
– Check into your hotel for one night
– After breakfast, check out of the hotel in Accra and depart for Cape Coast
– Drive through the historic Denkyira Kingdom to Kakum National Park
– Visit the Cape Coast Castle built by the Swedes in 1653
– Check in for two nights at Coconut Grove Beach Resort on a bed and breakfast basis
– Early morning after breakfast, depart the hotel and visit the Elmina Castle
– Later in the afternoon, embark on a guided walking tour of Elmina
– Climb the Jago Hill to Fort Saint Jargo, which was used by the Dutch as a post to snatch the Elmina Castle from the Portugues
– After breakfast, check out of your hotel and drive through the forest zone to Kumasi
– Visit the site of “Donkor Nsuo”, the former Slave River and market
– Continue your drive to Kumasi where you will visit the Manhyia Palace Museum
– Enjoy a drive through the city with monuments dedicated to the memory of the great Ashanti people
– End the day’s tour at the National Cultural Center which features the Prempeh II Jubilee Museum and various studios of the brass makers, potters and batik makers.
– Visit the three famous Ashanti craft villages
– Visit Ahwiaa, the woodcarvers’ village, Ntonso, the home of Adinkra cloth, and Bonwire, the Kente weaving village.
– After breakfast, depart for a sightseeing tour of Accra
– You will visit the W. E. B. Dubois Centre for Pan African Culture, Independence/ Black Star Square and Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park.
– End your tour at the Arts Centre
– After breakfast, spend the remainder of the day packing and doing last-minute shopping.
– Transfer to airport for check-in and final departure back home.