This is a customized itinerary, consisting of 12 Days/11 Nights in Southern Africa.
Upon arrival in South Africa, spend the first night at the Johannesburg Airport to rest after your international flight. The following morning, fly to Chobe in Botswana for your 2-night safari experience in Chobe. Here you will experience game drives and boat safaris on the Chobe River. Next visit the magnificent Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Wonders of the World and stay in Victoria Falls for 2 nights. Take a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River, dinner at the Boma and much much more.
Continue your trip in Cape Town, the “Mother City” of South Africa, where you will spend 3 nights. Highlights are taking the cable car up Table Mountain, visiting Cape Point, the Penguin Colony at Boulders and one of the local Wine Estates.
Fly from Cape Town to the Greater Kruger Park area for your safari experience in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve for 3 nights.
This truly will be a memorable trip of a lifetime!
Johannesburg – 1 night
Kasane, Chobe River – 2 nights
Victoria Falls – 2 nights
Cape Town – 3 nights
Karongwe Private Game Reserve – 3 nights
29 August – 11 September (12 days / 11 nights)
FOR GROUND PORTIONS ONLY:
Southern Africa: Chobe, Victoria Falls, Cape Town & Kruger:
US$4780.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$5990.00 per single Occupancy
PLEASE NOTE: The above prices are subject to change should there be a significant change in the exchange rate. The above prices are based on 12 travelers joining this trip.
– Depart from USA to South Africa on an overnight flight.
– Upon arrival at the Johannesburg Airport, walk to the City Lodge O.R. Tambo which is conveniently located next to the airport. Check-in for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast basis.
– After breakfast, check-in for your flight to Kasane Airport. Upon arrival at the Kasane Airport, you will be met at arrivals and be transferred to the Chobe Safari Lodge. Check into your Safari Rooms for 2 nights.
– Enjoy lunch before departing for your afternoon game activity, a sunset boat cruise on the Chobe River. You will have the chance of seeing copious game such as hippos, elephants, and crocodile, as well as abundant birdlife.
Enjoy these days, participating in two daily game activities, namely boat cruises on the Chobe River and game drives in the Chobe National Park.
– After your morning game drive, transfer over the border into Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
– Continue your transfer to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge and check into your waterhole facing room for 2 nights
– In the afternoon, transfer to the Zambezi River for an unforgettable luxury Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi Royal
– After breakfast, tour the spectacular Victoria Falls
– At 11:00 you will visit the local craft market
– Around noon, you will have a Home Hosted Lunch in a local family’s home
– Return to the lodge for an afternoon at your leisure
– At 7:00 pm, be transferred to the Boma for an enjoyable and festive evening with a traditional dinner and live entertainment
– After breakfast, check-in for your flight to Cape Town
– You will spend 3 nights at the Commodore Hotel, conveniently located on the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
– Enjoy a free afternoon and evening, with lunch & dinner on your own account. These can be enjoyed either at your hotel or at one of the many restaurants on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront within easy walking distance from your hotel.
– Visit Table Mountain
– Visit Jewel Africa for a diamond cutting demonstration.
– City tour, to see some of the places of interest in South Africa’s “Mother City” such as Bokaap before proceeding to the Groot Constantia Wine Estate and more.
– Travel along the beautiful coast to Hout Bay and along the spectacular Chapman’s Peak
– Visit Cape Point, the most south-western point of the African Continent, and walk to the top of the mountain to enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean and the surrounding area.
– Visit the local African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach. On your way back to town, stop in Simons Town, South Africa’s Naval Base, to visit the statue of “Just Nuisance”.
– Check in for your flight from Cape Town to Hoedspruit in the Greater Kruger Park.
– Transfer in your open safari vehicle to the Shiduli Lodge in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve where you will stay for 3 nights
A typical day in the Game Reserve:
– Each morning, expect an early wake-up call! Gather for refreshments before heading out at first light
– Game drives are conducted in open game vehicles with your skilled ranger and tracker to find the animals of Africa for you to admire
– Between your morning and afternoon game drives, have some free time go on a guided walking safari, to relax or be treated at the Spa located at the Karongwe Game Lodge in the same private game reserve
– Late afternoon, convene for high tea, before departing for the day’s second African Bush Safari
Various OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are available to book to participate in at the Game Lodge during the days in between the game drives.
– After your morning game drive and breakfast, check out for your flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival in Johannesburg at the O.R. Tambo International Airport, check-in for your flight back home, arriving back home the following day.
– Overnight Africa to the USA