Arrive in Tanzania and spend the first two nights in Arusha, enjoying one day at leisure, resting after your long flight and making final preparations for your Kili Trek. The following morning, start your 7-day Kilimanjaro Trek via the Machame Route.
After your Kilimanjaro Trek, enjoy a short safari and experience the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti.
This truly is an experience of a lifetime.
Arusha – 2 nights
Mount Kilimanjaro – 6 nights
Mandhari Lodge – 1 night
Seronera – 2 nights
13 September – 25 September (14 days / 13 nights)
FOR GROUND PORTIONS ONLY:
MT. KILIMANJARO TREK & SAFARI
Based on 17 Travelers:
Kilimanjaro Trek Via Machame Route & Safari:
US$ 5120.00 per person sharing Pre-Kili & Safari
– Depart home for Tanzania.
– Upon arrival at the airport, you will be transferred to Karama Lodge. Check-in for 2 nights
– A day of leisure at the lodge
– Depart from Arusha after breakfast for the transfer to the National Park Gate at Macham
– Make your way through the heavily rooted forest area parallel to a flowing stream.
Hike: 8.2 km 1840m-3022m 5-6 hours
– Make your way slowly upward with a backdrop of Giant Senecias – today is a great introduction to how you will need to acclimatize as you ascend by having the trail lead you up, down and over ridges.
Hike: 5 km 3022m-3830m 5-6 hours
– Start out this morning with a gentle hike before encountering rocks and boulders that you need to manoeuvre around and by lunch reach Lava Tower (4530m).
Hike: 10.4 km 3830m-3900m 8-9 hours
– Immediately on the outskirts of the camp cross a small stream before being faced with the sheer wall of Barranco
– You will be able to see far below where your camp was and the porters as they pack it up.
– Then fall into a rhythm of ascending and descending a series of ridges as you cross your last water point and arrive into the green valley of Karanga.
Hike: 5.1km Altitude: 3900m-4100m 3-4 hours
– The route today is short and steep, as you enter a barren landscape of boulders and shattered rocks
Come to a point along the route which is a fork: up to Barafu and down to Mweka
– Today is an early dinner and early bed – although you will find it difficult to actually sleep, rest your body in preparation for the midnight assault on the summit. This is probably the hardest physical your body will do in its life.
Hike: 3.5km Altitude: 4100m-4330m 3-4 hours
– This is summit day – what you have all been working towards.
– Wake around midnight for a quick snack and then you are on your way
– Reach the rim at Stella Point around sunrise and continue onto the Summit at Uhuru Peak
– A short time is spent here before you return down your steep track for brunch and resting back at Barafu Camp
Hike: 17.4 km 4330m-5895m-3075m 13-15 hours
DESCEND & SAFARI
– On a clear morning, you can wake up to the peak of Kibo in the background of the camp – a great photographic opportunity
– It is a fun morning of singing and enjoying the last moments with your ‘Kili’ team before you all head down through the steep forest to the National Park gate.
Join Robin who will be with you for your safari. Drive to the Ngorongoro Highlands and check into Mandhari Lodge.
– Early morning game drive in the Ngorongoro Crater.
– Travel to Central Serengeti, game viewing along the way. This drive will take several hours, from Ngorongoro to the Serengeti,
– Check into your luxury tent at Kubu Kubu Tented Lodge for 2 nights
– Depart from your lodge with a lunch box and drive back to Kilimanjaro Airport.
– Game drive out of the Serengeti and travel through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
– Make your way through Arusha and to the airport. Check-in for your flight back home
Arrive back home on September 26. End of itinerary.