This is a customized itinerary, consisting of 10 Days/9 Nights in Southern Africa and requiring 2 travel days/nights with direct flights from JFK and Washington D.C. on South African Airways and from Atlanta on Delta to South Africa and back to the U.S.A.
Johannesburg – 1 night
Karongwe Game Reserve – 3 nights
Cape Town – 3 nights
Victoria Falls – 2 nights
02 September – 13 September (10 days / 9 nights)
FOR GROUND PORTIONS ONLY (No flights are included in below price)
South Africa & Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe:
US$ 4180.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$ 5170.00 per single Occupancy
**An extension to Botswana can be quoted upon request. Please inquire if interested.
– Depart home for South Africa
– You will be met at Johannesburg Airport and transferred to City Lodge O.R. Tambo. Where you will stay for 1 night
– Check-in for your flight to Hoedspruit in the Greater Kruger Park
– Upon arrival at the Hoedspruit Airport, you will be met and transferred to the Shiduli Lodge in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve
– Check into your suite for 3 nights
– Enjoy lunch and your first game drive that afternoon
A typical day in the Game Reserve:
– Expect an early wake-up call
– Game drives are conducted in open game vehicles with your skilled ranger and tracker to find the animals of Africa for you to admire
– Between your morning and afternoon game drives, have some free time to relax or be treated at the Spa
– Late afternoon, convene for high tea, before departing for the day’s second African Bush Safari
– Enjoy a sundowner drink along the way, get out of the vehicle to stretch your legs, and watch the sunset. Return to the lodge for dinner.
– After a morning game drive and breakfast, check out and be transferred to the airport to check-in for your flight to Cape Town
– You will be transferred to your hotel in Cape Town, the Commodore Hotel, located on the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
-Check into your standard room for 3 nights on Bed & Breakfast basis
– Today you will visit Table Mountain via the Cable Car (weather permitting)
– Visit Jewel Africa for a diamond cutting demonstration
– Have a City Tour and see some of the places of interest such as Bokaap before proceeding to the Groot Constantia Wine Estate
– After lunch, visit Original T-Bag Designs in Hout Bay, a local community project
– Return to your hotel and enjoy a free evening exploring the V&A Waterfront
– Travel along the beautiful coast to Hout Bay and along the spectacular Chapman’s Peak
– Visit Cape Point, the most south-western point of the African Continent
– After lunch visit the local African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach
– Next, visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
– Fly to Victoria Falls
– Be met at the airport and transferred to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge to check into your standard room for 2 nights
– Later this afternoon, be transferred to the Zambezi River for an unforgettable luxury Sunset Dinner Cruise
– Return to the lodge around 8:30 pm.
– Today you tour the spectacular Victoria Falls
– Visit the local craft market and then you will be treated to a Home-Hosted Lunch in a local home
– Next, be transferred to the Lookout Point. You will have the opportunity to participate in some optional activities on your own accounts, such as the gorge swing or the Flying Fox zip line
– During your stay at this lodge, you will meet with a local historian who will tell you the story of David Livingstone
– At 7:00 pm, be transferred to the Boma for an enjoyable and festive evening with a traditional dinner and live entertainment
– After breakfast, check out and be transferred to the Victoria Falls Airport to check-in for your flight to Johannesburg and your connecting flight back to the USA.
An extension to Botswana can be quoted upon request. Please inquire if interested.
– Overnight Africa to the USA