This is a customized Wine Safari, consisting of 10 Days/9 Nights in South Africa with an Optional 2 nights in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, offered as a post-tour extension. After you arrive in Johannesburg spend 1 night to rest from your long flight to South Africa. The next morning fly to the Greater Kruger area for your 3-night safari experience. Next, visit Cape Town for 3 nights, followed by 2 nights in the Cape Winelands. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn about the South African wine industry and enjoy the locally produced wines.
A 2-night Optional Extension to Victoria Falls is available to be added at the end of this wine safari.
This truly will be a once-in-a-lifetime safari experience and wine safari in South Africa!
Johannesburg – 1 night
Karongwe, Kruger – 3 nights
Cape Town – 3 nights
Stellenbosch – 2 nights
Victoria Falls – 2 nights (Optional extension)
24 September – 07 October (10 days / 09 nights)
FOR GROUND PORTIONS ONLY:South Africa ONLY:
US$4820.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$6200.00 per single Occupancy
OPTIONAL Victoria Falls Extension:
US$1130.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$1300.00 per single Occupancy
TOTAL for South Africa Wine Safari & OPTIONAL Victoria Falls Extension:
US$5950.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$7500.00 per single Occupancy
PLEASE NOTE: The above prices are subject to change should there be a significant change in the exchange rate. The above prices are based on 12 travelers joining this trip.
– Depart from USA to South Africa on an overnight flight.
– Upon arrival at the Johannesburg Airport, walk to the City Lodge O.R. Tambo which is conveniently located next to the airport. Check-in for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast basis.
– Following breakfast, check-in for your flight to Hoedspruit in the Greater Kruger Park
– You will stay at Chisomo Safari Camp in Karongwe Private Game Reserve for 3 nights.
A typical day in the Game Reserve:
– Each morning, expect an early wake-up call
– Gather for refreshments before heading out at first light. The “big cats” may still be around after their night of hunting
– Game drives are conducted in open game vehicles with your skilled ranger and tracker
– Between your morning and afternoon game drives, have some free time do other activities including walking safaris and the spa
– Late afternoon, convene for high tea, before departing for the day’s second African Bush Safari
– Enjoy a sundowner drink along the way, get out of the vehicle to stretch your legs, and watch the sunset
– Return to camp for dinner
– After breakfast, check-in for your flight to Cape Town
– You will spend 3 nights at the Commodore Hotel, conveniently located on the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
– Enjoy a free afternoon and evening, with lunch & dinner on your own account. These can be enjoyed either at your hotel or at one of the many restaurants on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront within easy walking distance from your hotel.
– Visit Table Mountain
– Visit Jewel Africa for a diamond cutting demonstration.
– City tour, to see some of the places of interest in South Africa’s “Mother City” such as Bokaap before proceeding to the Groot Constantia Wine Estate and more.
– Today you will travel along the beautiful coast to Hout Bay and along the spectacular Chapman’s Peak
– Visit Cape Point, the most south-western point of the African Continent. Walk to the top of the mountain and enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean and the surrounding area
– Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in Simons Town overlooking False Bay
– Visit the statue of “Just Nuisance” and hear the story about this legend
– After lunch visit the local African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach
– Visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
– Return to your hotel for a free evening
– After breakfast, check out of your hotel and depart Cape Town for the Winelands
– Visit this beautiful part of the Western Cape and enjoy all it has to offer. See the Taal Monument in Paarl from where you will have beautiful views of the surrounding areas
– Visit a local wine estate to taste some of their local cheeses and wines
– Visit Stellenbosch, South Africa’s second-oldest town to explore the shops and meander through this quaint town
– You will stay at the Lanzerac Hotel & Spa for 2 nights
– Today you have a full-Day Winelands Tour. Visit this beautiful part of the Western Cape and enjoy all it has to offer
– Journey to the small towns of Paarl and Franschhoek and enjoy these beautiful Winelands, visiting local wine estates
– Two (2) wine tastings are included on this day. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant
– Return to Lanzerac Wine Estate and have a cellar tour and wine tasting
After breakfast, check out and be transferred to the Cape Town Airport.
EITHER: – Check-in for your flight back to the U.S.A.
OR: – Continue with the OPTIONAL Victoria Falls Extension:
– Be met at the airport and transferred to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge to check into your Standard Room for 2 nights
– In the afternoon, be transferred to the Zambezi River for an unforgettable luxury Sunset Dinner Cruise. Enjoy the abundant wildlife and the beautiful sunset scenes.
– Enjoy your breakfast overlooking the waterhole below the lodge. You might see various animals visit the waterhole
– After breakfast, tour the spectacular Victoria Falls
– Afterwards, visit the local craft market
– You will also have the opportunity to participate in some optional activities on your own account, such as the gorge swing
– At 7:00 pm, be transferred to the Boma for an enjoyable and festive evening with a traditional dinner and live entertainment
Enjoy breakfast, check out and be transferred to the airport to check-in for your flight to Johannesburg or Cape Town. Upon arrival at your departure airport, check-in for your flight back home, arriving back home the following day.
– Arrive back home.