This is a customized itinerary, consisting of 10 Days/9 Nights in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe and South Africa with an Optional 2 nights in Chobe, offered as a Pre-Tour Add On.
This itinerary requires 2 travel days/nights, with direct flights from Atlanta on Delta and JFK and Washington D.C. on South African Airways to South Africa and back to the U.S.A.
Johannesburg – 1 night
Kasane, Chobe River – 2 nights (optional)
Victoria Falls – 2 nights
Cape Town – 3 nights
Kapama Private Game Reserve – 3 nights
06 October – 19 October (10 days / 09 nights)
FOR GROUND PORTIONS ONLY:
South Africa- Cape Town & Greater Kruger:
US$3780.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$5400.00 per single Occupancy
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe & South Africa:
US$4885.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$6635.00 per single Occupancy
Chobe, Botswana Pre Tour Add On:
US$985.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$1185.00 per single Occupancy
Total Chobe, Victoria Falls & South Africa:
US$5870.00 per person sharing on Double Occupancy
US$7820.00 per single Occupancy
PLEASE NOTE: The above prices are subject to change should there be a significant change in the exchange rate. The above prices are based on 12 travelers joining this trip.
– Overnight USA to Africa.
– Upon arrival at the Johannesburg Airport, walk to the City Lodge O.R. Tambo which is conveniently located next to the airport. Check-in for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast basis.
– After breakfast, check-in for your flight to Kasane, Botswana. You will be met and transferred to the Chobe Bush Lodge. Check in for 2 nights.
– Enjoy lunch before departing for your afternoon game activity, a sunset boat cruise on the Chobe River. You will have the chance of seeing game such as hippo, elephant, and crocodile, as well as abundant birdlife.
Enjoy these days, participating in two daily game activities, namely boat cruises on the Chobe River and game drives in the Chobe National Park.
Start your journey with a flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls. On arrival, you will be transferred to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
OR Continue your journey from Chobe
After your morning game drive and breakfast, check out of your hotel and be transferred over the border into Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Continue your transfer to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge to check into your waterhole facing room for 2 nights.
In the evening, you will be transferred to the Zambezi River for an unforgettable luxury Sunset Dinner Cruise on the Malachite vessel. Enjoy the abundant wildlife and the beautiful sunset scenes. A three-course meal and drinks are served along the way.
Return to the lodge around 8:30 pm.
– Enjoy your breakfast overlooking the waterhole below the lodge
– After breakfast, tour the spectacular Victoria Falls. Visit the local craft market
– Next, have a Home Hosted Lunch in a local home
– Be transferred to the Lookout Point. You will also have the opportunity to participate in some optional activities on your own account, such as the gorge swing or the Flying Fox.
– After breakfast, check-in for your flight to Cape Town
– You will spend 3 nights at the Victoria & Alfred Hotel, conveniently located on the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
– Enjoy a free afternoon and evening, with lunch & dinner on your own account. These can be enjoyed either at your hotel or at one of the many restaurants on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront within easy walking distance from your hotel.
– Visit Table Mountain
– Visit Jewel Africa for a diamond cutting demonstration.
– City tour, to see some of the places of interest in South Africa’s “Mother City” such as Bokaap before proceeding to the Groot Constantia Wine Estate and more.
– Travel along the beautiful coast to Hout Bay and along the spectacular Chapman’s Peak
– Visit Cape Point, the most south-western point of the African Continent, and walk to the top of the mountain to enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean and the surrounding area.
– Visit the local African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach. On your way back to town, stop in Simons Town, South Africa’s Naval Base, to visit the statue of “Just Nuisance”.
– After an early breakfast, you’ll fly from Cape Town to Hoedspruit in the Greater Kruger Park
– Upon arrival at the Hoedspruit Airport, you’ll be met by your game ranger and transferred in your open safari vehicle to the Kapama River Lodge in the Kapama Private Game Reserve. Check into your standard suite for 3 nights. Enjoy lunch and your first game drive that afternoon.
A typical day in the Game Reserve:
Each morning, expect an early wake-up call. Game drives are conducted in open game vehicles with your skilled ranger and tracker to find the animals of Africa for you to admire.
Between your morning and afternoon game drives, have some free time go on a guided walking safari, to relax or be treated at the local Spa. Late afternoon, convene for high tea, before departing for the day’s second African Bush Safari. Enjoy a sundowner drink along the way, get out of the vehicle to stretch your legs, and watch the sun set. Return to the lodge for dinner.
Enjoy the next few days at this lovely in the private game reserve on safari.
– After your morning game drive and breakfast, check out and be transferred to the Hoedspruit Airport to check-in for your flight to Johannesburg and your connecting flight back to the USA.
– Overnight Africa to the USA